Lake Kawaguchi’s 2019 Winter Fireworks
Winter fireworks are particularly beautiful!
Lake Kawaguchi hosts a winter fireworks show every year.
The sky is clearer during the winter than in the summer, so the enhanced beauty of the fireworks makes the Lake Kawaguchi show particularly popular.
The fireworks are launched from three locations: Oike Park, Tatamiiwa, and Yagisaki Park.
Video of Lake Kawaguchi’s Winter Fireworks
Depending on the weather, you may be able to see the fireworks mingling with falling snow, or Mt. Fuji illuminated by moonlight.
The shore opposite of Oike Park is a popular photography spot where you can watch the fireworks with Mt. Fuji in the background.
We recommend warming up in the hot springs after enjoying the fireworks display!
Overview of Lake Kawaguchi’s 2019 Winter Fireworks
Lake Kawaguchi’s 2018 Winter Fireworks
- Dates (13 total)
- Every Saturday and Sunday from January 12th, 2019, until February 17th, 2019. February 23rd (Friday), Mt. Fuji Day.
- Display Times
- 8:00 p.m. - 8:20 p.m.
- Main Venue
- Oike Park, along Lake Kawaguchi
- 1221 Kodachi, Fujikawaguchikomachi, Minamitsurugun, Yamanashi[MAP]
- 15 minutes on foot from Fuji Express’s Lake Kawaguchi Station
- 0555-72-6700 (Kawaguchiko Tourist Information Center)