Super-Spicy but Super-Delicious! “Gekikara Gourmet Festival 2018”
“Gekikara Gourmet Festival 2018,” Japan’s largest spicy food festival, is being held in Shinjuku’s Kabukicho!
The festival features gourmet spicy dishes from restaurants around the world! This is a must-visit if you like spicy food!
The 2018 iteration of the festival features the largest number of restaurants to date and will be held until September 17th, 2018!
The event is divided into 4 time blocks, with 9 restaurants being featured in each block.
Introducing Some of the Dishes!
(Different restaurants may not be open on certain days)
BANH XEO SAIGON
Spicy Ika-Yaki (Grilled Squid) from a popular Vietnamese restaurant! (1,200 yen)
Yokohama Bombay Takadanobaba Store
This super-popular curry restaurant will be serving curry packed with plenty of spices!
Basic information on Gekikara Gourmet Festival 2018
- 2-43 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo[MAP]
- Special venue at Kabukicho, Shinjuku (Okubo Park)
- 3 minutes on foot from Seibu Shinjuku Station, or 8 minutes on foot from JR Odakyu Keio Line’s Shinjuku Station
- August 21st - September 17th, 2018
- 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
＊Closed August 27th, September 3rd, and September 10th to rotate out shops
＊Event may be cancelled in case of inclement weather
- Free (food and drink charged)