Day 2 of Winter Travel in Nikko ~Mt. Nikko Rinno-ji and Nikko Toshogu Shrine~
This article will introduce day 2 of my winter trip to Nikko. Starting off with breakfast at my hotel, I also visited Mt. Nikko Rinno-ji and Nikko Toshogu Shrine.
Dates of Visit: February 18th-20th, 2018
Table of Contents
- Breakfast at “Nikko Station Hotel Classic”
- A Morning Stroll Around Nikko Station, and Departing for My First Destination
- What Is World Heritage Site “Shrines and Temples of Nikko”?
- Wandering Around “Shinkyo Bridge”
- Visiting Mt. Nikko Rinno-ji
- Rice Omelet for Lunch at “Meiji-no-Yakata”
- Visiting Nikko Toshogu Shrine
- Visiting Nikko Futarasan Jinja
- Visiting Mt. Nikko Rinno-ji Taiyuin
- Visiting Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
- Japanese-Style Beefsteak Meal for Dinner at “Steakhouse Mihashi”
- Staying at “Nikko Kanaya Hotel”
Breakfast at “Nikko Station Hotel Classic”
I had breakfast at “Plaisir,” a buffet-style restaurant inside of my hotel.
Breakfast is served from 7:15 until 9:30am.
Breakfast was buffet-style, with a rich variety of local Nikko vegetables.
There was a good balance between western-style and Japanese foods.
I was seated by the window, so I took a picture of my food along with the view.
A Morning Stroll Around Nikko Station, and Departing for My First Destination
After checking out of the hotel, I took a walk along Nikko Highway.
There were fire trucks and ambulances lined up outside, perfect for pictures!
Next I went to JR Nikko Station.
I took the “World Heritage Sightseeing Bus” from the bus stop in front of JR Nikko Station, headed towards Mt. Nikko.
World Heritage Sightseeing Bus
- 500 yen (1-day free pass, half-price for children)
I got off at the “Shinkyo” bus stop.
Soon I arrived at my accommodations for day 2 of my trip, “Nikko Kanaya Hotel,” located right near the bus stop.
I couldn’t check in yet, so I left my luggage and took a walk.